Oregon Ballet Theatre Exposed!
Dance Lessons for All
Oregon Ballet Theatre returns to Director Park next week for OBT Exposed. Activities and events will take place from 11 am to 6 pm or later August 20th through the 24th, 2012. Photographers are welcome throughout the week to capture our dancers and choreographer in action.
There are five awesome things to know about this event –
1. It’s ALL FREE. In addition to watching OBT’s company take classes and rehearse, there are FREE dance classes for kids and adults, lecture/demos and dance films. Get the full schedule of events.
2. See the Film, Watch the Artist at Work. Swedish choreographer and filmmaker Pontus Lidberg will be working with 6 OBT dancers throughout the week to develop a world premiere ballet that will debut in April at Oregon Ballet Theatre’s American Music Festivalprogram. We’ll be showing of his film, Rain, on Wednesday evening at the park. Check out the trailer.
3. Try it! Kids classes are held daily at 3:05 pm. Try an adult ballet class on Tuesday at 6:30 pm or take a master class with Pontus Lidberg on Saturday at 9:30 am. All classes are free and require no special footgear.
4. Ask, Share, RSVP, Win! OBT Exposed attendees can check in to the event on Facebook to be entered to win a pair of tickets to the show of their choice next season. Questions about what you are seeing on stage? Tweet them to the hashtag #pontus and get answers in real time. We’ll also be giving away daily prizes from our partners White Bird Dance, the Portland Art Museum, and nearby restaurants every day throughout the week.
5. OBT is celebrating with a Sale. Select performances of the 2012/13 season (including Swan Lake!) will have $39 best available seats on sale during OBT Exposed when you buy online with the special offer code “EXPOSED.”